Today, I am thinking of all the wonderful women I have in my life from my mother and mother-in-law to my aunts, nieces, cousins and friends. While I am not an expert on life or have a degree in philosophy, I do have some tips that I hope will make their day a little brighter. I am very blessed to have such strong and amazing females around me. Taking the words of Martina McBride…”This one’s for the girls.”
1. Don’t settle for ANYTHING or ANYONE.
2. Do what makes you happy.
3. Believe in yourself and you will be successful.
4. Love yourself and your body just the way it is. Do not compare yourself to the altered images of models in magazines and on TV. They are altered. You are real!
5. Cry. When you need to and when you want to. It is not a sign of weakness.
6. Take time for yourself, especially those of you who are mothers with careers. I admire working moms more than any other group of people. You are my heroes!
7. Find something to smile about each and every day. Hopefully, you won’t have to look too far!
8. Do not waste your time with a person who puts you down – be it a boyfriend, friend, relative or husband. People treat you the way you LET them treat you. If a person is always negative or makes you feel badly about yourself, end that relationship and move on. You deserve better!
9. Enjoy the company of other women. When a bunch of women get together, there is always laughter, smiles and great times! GIRL POWER!
10. Ask for help when you need it. Women today are expected to do it all from being mothers and wives to having successful careers and running a household. When you feel overwhelmed, ask for help. It’s OKAY!!